With the Fourth of July falling on Sunday, the City of Summit had a number of options available. It could have kept all of the festivities on the 4th. Or, it could have moved them up to Saturday the 3rd. However, in what I think was a wonderful decision, the city chose to move the festivities to Monday, July 5th, in order to avoid all worship services during the weekend.
I believe that this is the result of an ongoing conversation between the city and the Interfaith Council. For those who wish to participate in all of the wonderful activities that take place in our community while also worshipping according to our individual traditions, it was a great solution.
Here is the schedule of events from the City of Summit:
- 9:45 AM Flag Raising Ceremony
- 10:00 AM Children’s Decorated Bicycle Parade
- 10:45 AM Polka Dot Concert for Kids
- 10:00 AM Novelty Rides, Games & Amusements (until 1:00 PM
- 12:00 PM Summit Stompers Dixieland All-Stars
- 12:00 PM Emergency Services Softball Game
- 6:00 PM Ashland Road Closes to Traffic
- 7:45 PM “The Cameos” In Concert
- 9:15 PM Grand Fireworks Display
Have a Happy Fourth!